|About Edward Jacobs|
Edward Jacobs is a Principal at The Berenbaum Group, where he has worked with Prof. Berenbaum on a variety of experiential projects since 2005.
Jacobs’ background in Holocaust projects was formulated during the 14-year period when he served as special assistant to Yad Vashem’s Director of Pedagogy, Shulamit Imber.
For the last 20 years, Jacobs also has led his own multi-disciplinary architectural, concept and exhibition design firm, Mishkenot Ltd., through which he has produced renowned projects worldwide.
Jacobs’ many projects span diverse fields of interest and activity, ranging from public-space projects, spiritual environments, educational centers, memorial sites and synagogue interiors, museum exhibition concept design and fabrication, industrial and product design, and graphic design. He is a recognized expert in the field of communication architecture, creating presentation solutions for a myriad of clients.
Jacobs’ specialty is providing a complete articulation of project vision, definition, scope and inspiring design for the institutional client. As creative director, he then devises stimulating and exhilarating presentations which convey the essence of the project and engender excitement and participation. Invariably, these presentations form the backbone of the fundraising efforts of which Jacobs is a fundamental component. He then works with each institution’s stakeholders and hired professionals to determine fundraising methods and to create the necessary plans and products to ensure a successful fundraising plan.
Jacobs also has conducted project and organizational analyses on a consultancy basis for several institutions and design-oriented businesses, resulting in successful client outcomes. As a creative consultant, Jacobs has a track record of finding creative solutions to intricate and complex problems.
Ultimately, Jacobs’ goal is to be involved in meaningful, impactful and inspiring projects as both creator and consultant.
The creative qualifications Jacobs brings to a project include:
- Proven experience in concept definition and articulation of abstract designs and fledgling ideas to translate vision into action.
- Ability to convey these visions to both board and community members, as well as municipal authorities, for necessary approvals and advancement.
- Ability to manage, motivate and inspire creative teams to deliver superb work under tight deadlines.
- Ability to realize client goals within predefined time and budgetary parameters.
The business qualifications Jacobs brings to a project include:
- Strong interpersonal communication, presentational, organizational and motivational skills.
- Superb concept definition and planning skills, as well as composition and writing abilities. Extensive experience in planning and managing large-scale projects.
- Comfortable in multi-project and team environment situations, as well as independent, single-project situations.
- Powerful public speaking ability, effective and efficient in the conveyance of presentations to any size group.
- Strong sales and marketing abilities.